Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 September 2011

Less Advertisements - More Money For Charities.

I cringed every time I turned the pages of the Straits Times after 9th August.  I would be bombarded with loud and brash advertisements congratulating our National Day Awards winners.  Last year in a posting dated 26 July 2010 I floated the idea whether such big chunk of advertising revenues for the ST could be better use to help the coffers of Charitable Organisations.  Well, I had good news for you.  This year there was a refreshing change - there was less appearance and frequency of such advertisements.  My guess is there is a 75% reduction of such advertisements.  I like to believe that ST had heeded the feedback and indeed the money had been channelled to good and meaningful charitable purposes. To businessmen, business organisations, residents committees, town councils, etc who have extended "helping hands" I say a big "thank you".  You have not only "build yourself treasures on earth" but also "treasures in Heaven".  All Singapore should rejoice!

No comments: