In view of the financial /stock market turmoil follwing the Greece's Debt Crisis, it may be appropriate to ponder & chew on some of the investment advice available:-
1) The fundamental law of investing is the uncertainty of the future .....Peter Bernstein.
2) We know in retrospect that stock prices tend to overreact & valuations revert to the mean. But it's never possible to know in advance when the reversion will occur .....Burton Malkiel.
3) Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent ............John Maynard Keyne.
4) Remember the goal of investing is not to achieve the highest return. Instead, it is to have the highest likehood of achieving your objectives .....Anonymous.
5) If you are prepared to do something stupid repeatedly,there are many professionals happy to take your money ........Richard Thaler.
6) Let's say it clearly. No one knows where the market is going - experts or novices, soothsayers or astrologers. That's the simple truth. ..........Fortune.
7) There are only 3 types of market forecasters: those who don't know, those who don't know they don't know, & those who know they don't know, but get paid a lot of money to pretend that they do. .......... Larry E Swedroe.
8) I can calculate the motions of the heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people ....Sir Isaac Newton.