Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 June 2012

Do You Shop Till You Drop?

During my recent trip to Hong Kong I captured the above 2 contrasting photos - of a road-side artiste potraying the legendary "Beggar" in Chinese mythology and a life-style shop "Goods of Desire" (Its acronym G.O.D.).  I am always fascinated by such artistes who always managed to keep in such "Stillness" for hours without a wink.  And of course by G.O.D.  With the ongoing Great Singapore Sale I am sure many of our ladies are shopping to their hearts content. Let's hear what God has to say about our lust for more in Ephesians 4:19 - "Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more."  The "Beggar" in the midst of the hustle and bustle of  of many shoppers and shops in the shopping malls set me thinking.  Do we shop for "what we need" or for "what we want"?  Over to you!

No comments: