Total Pageviews

Wednesday 14 April 2010

World Cup 2010 - "My Rice Bowl" or "My Country"

For the coming World Cup most of the top professional footbal players will face the dilemma "My Rice Bowl" or "My Country". What do I mean? These top professional players are paid millions by their Clubs. If they are to play their hearts out for their Countries, they may risk injuring or harming themselves and their careers! I saw that played out in the African Nations Cup Jan 2010. Didier Drogba (who currently plays for Chelsea FC & who wore the captain's armband for Ivory Coast) was a "mere passenger" in one of the crucial game I saw him played. Whereas Michael Essien returned to his Club Chelsea FC (yes he also play for the same Club)injured having done his national serivice for his Country Ghana. Drogba looked after "his rice bowl" but Essien served "his country" Just now heard the news that Emmanuel Adbayor who played for "Togo" announced his retirement from international duties!!!

No comments: